Fruited Chicken Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, oranges and grapes. Drain and rinse pasta with cold water; add to chicken mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.Easy Asian Noodles: Substitute 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti for bow tie pasta, adding a 10-ounce package of julienned carrots and 1/2 pound sugar snap peas during last minute of cooking. Drain; add chicken, oranges and 1/2 cup stir-fry sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 316 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Dec 16, 2011
I made this and the Parmesan Knots from Taste of Home for a luncheon jewelry party I was hosting and everyone loved both. The salad was easy to make and easy to eat off the plate without having to sit at a table. Will definitely use this recipe again! Try it AND the Parmesan Knots. Great light lunch!
Aug 25, 2011
love this! I've also had it with cubed cheddar cheese in it.
Aug 27, 2010
An interesting combination of 5 items makes up this salad. It is easy to prepare and I will use it as a "take to work" salad.
May 26, 2010
My daughter LOVES this. It's fast cheap and a snap to make and for a summer meal, this is wonderful, we used red grapes, though. It gave it more color.