Fruity Chicken Salad
I've been using this recipe whenever we go to a potluck dinner. It always gets rave reviews. It's a great way to use up leftover chicken.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Dice the pineapple and place in a large bowl. Add pasta, chicken, peaches and raisins. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, curry powder and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Originally published as Fruity Chicken Salad in Country Extra May 2000