Fruity Chicken Salad
I've been using this recipe whenever we go to a potluck dinner. It always gets rave reviews. It's a great way to use up leftover chicken.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Dice the pineapple and place in a large bowl. Add pasta, chicken, peaches and raisins. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, curry powder and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Originally published as Fruity Chicken Salad in Country Extra May 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.