Fruit and Rice Salad
This cool refreshing salad is perfect to serve on hot summer days. Rice blends with peaches, grapes, celery, raisins, pecans and a dressing that's just lightly sweet. It's a pretty dish to take to any table. —Gitta Hoffman Mesa, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice, cooled
- 3 fresh peaches or nectarines, pitted and chopped or 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until blended. Stir in the rice, peaches, grapes, celery and raisins. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Just before serving, stir in the pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 321 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Fruity Rice Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.