Almond & Apple Wild Rice Salad
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- Optional toppings: halved green grapes, cubed cheddar cheese and chopped red onion
- Cook wild rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss apples with 2 tablespoons orange juice. In another bowl, whisk the remaining orange juice, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add apples and celery to rice. Drizzle with dressing; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled. Sprinkle with almonds; serve with toppings if desired.
Jan 13, 2013
I have made this recipe twice and both timesmy guests enjoyed the salad very much and asked for the recipe.
Nov 20, 2012
I thought this recipe was just okay. It was a little oily for me. I think I should have used a better olive oil. Got lots of raves at a luncheon tho.