Apple and Walnut Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 5 cups torn romaine
- 5 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 large red apple, chopped
- 1 large green apple, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- CIDER VINAIGRETTE:
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup walnut oil or canola oil
- In a salad bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cider, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 155 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 29, 2015
This has quickly become mine and my families favorite salad. Each ingredient compliments the other. It is simply delicious!
Dec 26, 2012
Made this for Christmas and it was a hit! I will be making this recipe a regular dish at my house.
Aug 1, 2012
We do not like onions we feel they rob you of the tastes of the other contents. We used a blue cheese. With just these couple of changes we will prepare again