Apple Walnut Slaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots (2-3 medium carrots)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- Whisk together first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine vegetables, walnuts and raisins; toss with dressing. Fold in apples.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 233 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 13, 2018
Very good! A different spin on coleslaw. I made it as stated & we enjoyed it very much. A keeper!
Sep 27, 2013
Great! Lots of eye appeal. I added a little celery. I'd make again. Janet
Sep 25, 2013
So easy, can have everything ready and make at the call . Very nice. Janet
Apr 3, 2009
This Recipe is delisous. I made it one year with my Christmas dinner and it is requested for every family function since. Thanks to the person who submitted this keeper.