Tangy Ginger Slaw
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 to 2 radishes, shredded
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, onion and radishes. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, lime juice, oil, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt and pepper flakes. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 48 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jan 2, 2009
The dressing was delicious and sooo fresh tasting with the ginger and garlic. I substituted low sodium soy sauce for half the amount of vinegar to suit my family's taste. Even the kids loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.