Try this fun twist on chicken salad using fuss-free coleslaw mix. Hilda Anger in Valparaiso, Florida writes, “This crunchy, creamy recipe from my mother is delicious with leftover or canned chicken, tuna or even salmon.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, diced
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Dash celery salt
- Dash paprika, optional
- In a small salad bowl, combine the chicken, coleslaw mix, celery and egg. In another bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, milk, lemon juice, brown sugar and celery salt. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 217 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008
Nov 15, 2018
We really enjoy this recipe and have had it several times now. I usually keep cooked chicken in the freezer so it's an easy meal too. I do use reg. mayo and slice up my own cabbage, but that's just personal preference. Thanks TOH!