Autumn Apple Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apples
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Lettuce leaves
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple and sugar; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Add cream cheese; stir until mixture is thoroughly combined. Cool.
- Fold in apples, nuts, celery and whipped topping. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 219 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 1, 2017
This fall salad is awesome!! I fixed it and we couldn't get enough of it!! It's definitely a keeper!!!
Nov 12, 2015
Excellent!! I made it yesterday for a Veterans Day Dinner at our Club House and many asked for the recipe. I will be making it for our Thanksgiving Dinner, also.
Dec 19, 2012
I tried this recipe for the first time for Thanksgiving this year and it was a hit! It is so easy to make too. It is right up there with the orange gelatin pretzel salad as my favorite go to dessert recipes for the holidays or anytime!
Sep 23, 2012
This is a wonderful recipe. I made it, following the recipe and took it to a potluck, where it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it.
May 26, 2011
I absolutely love this salad! I often sub sugar free jello and replace some or all of the sugar with Splenda. It seems like I make this about once every month for some event, but I think I could eat the entire bowl by myself! Yummy!
Jan 3, 2011
I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it so much my Mother made it for Christmas. It's really good!
Oct 21, 2010
Took this to a family dinner.Everyone really liked it.
Sep 20, 2010
This is a wonderful recipe! I receive requests for it year-round! Thank you Taste of Home for providing this recipe!
Jun 1, 2010
Wonderful even in the summer. So easy to prepare and it's a favorite whereever I bring it. Thanks for a great recipe.
May 20, 2010
Excellent! Refreshing even in summer. Many requests whenever I take this anywhere. Men LOVE it also. Try it..you will not be sorry.