Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 cups Chinese or napa cabbage (1-1/4 pounds), thinly sliced and ribs removed
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 75 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 20, 2016
A different type of side to go with my asian inspired main course. Napa cabbage is a bit expensive in my area so I may not do this one often.
Aug 2, 2015
Great recipe! I added crushed ramen noodle which added a fabulous crunch. I didn't have white wine vinegar and substituted red wine vinegar...was still great! Very quick and easy. Perfect side for a meal during the hot summer when you don't want to heat up the house.
Jan 27, 2014
This was fabulous, so easy and colourful. I used regulars cabbage, shredded very finely. I served it with Asian chicken thighs and brown rice. Janet.I made it again and added 1 pkg of ramen noodles fried in butter with sesame seeds. I used Napa this time. Janet. FE
Feb 18, 2011
Was fantastic and simple!!! I didn't have white wine vinegar so used unseasoned rice vinegar. Was great.