Apple Cranberry Cashew Salad
When you want to serve a salad with some pizzazz and is sure to please, try this one. It has crisp apples, crunchy pecans and sweet dried cranberries...delicious.—Susan Jones, Appleton, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes16 servings (1 cup each)
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 large apples, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (9-1/4 ounces) lightly salted cashews
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Pour over salad and toss to coat; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 256 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Fruit and Nut Salad in Taste of Home Cookbook Contest 2010/2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.