Cranberry Almond Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 12 cups)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Whisk together first six ingredients; gradually whisk in oil. In a large bowl, toss spinach, cranberries and green onions with dressing; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 121 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2017
The dressing lacked depth to me. It was like sugar water. Maybe it needed a teensy bit more oil? I'm not sure. But it was so thin it just didn't give the salad enough body, in my opinion.
Oct 21, 2013
For some reason, we just didn't like the taste of the dressing for this recipe - we found it too vinegary for us. Sorry!
Sep 22, 2013
Dec 29, 2010
This is a wonderful salad for Christmas dinner due to the colors, but perfect anytime.
Dec 16, 2010
Packed with flavor! We'll be making this often.~ Theresa
Mar 15, 2010
Best spinach salad dressing ever!
Oct 29, 2009
I have made this recipe several times and it has become one of our favorites. Whenever I need a salad to take somewhere, this is my "go to" recipe. It always gets rave reviews.