Cauliflower Spinach Salad
To switch things up, when I have fresh lettuce from the garden, I'll use that in place of spinach...and occasionally, I toss in broccoli instead of cauliflower.—Sherry Horton, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a large salad bowl, combine cauliflower, spinach, mushrooms and bacon. Add dressing and toss to coat; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 296 calories, 28g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cauliflower Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 1999
Jul 10, 2015
I make a variation of this....w/1/2 mayo,1/2 miracle whip, romaine instead of spinach and no mushrooms. A really good salad, though.
Jun 8, 2013
this is one of our all time favorites!