Cottage Cheese Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large serving bowl, layer half of the spinach, cottage cheese and pecans. Repeat layers. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 121 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 9, 2016
My family loves spinach, but hates the texture of cottage cheese-and we all love this salad. I cut the sugar in half and used walnuts because we had them on hand, was so easy and delicious! Will be making for all the summers cookouts!
Aug 17, 2015
My husband and I cut the recipe in half and ate it all! Very good and unusual!
Aug 8, 2014
Excellent! I've been making this salad for some time now, and it's delicious!
Nov 18, 2009
GREAT spinach salad, wonderful flavour!!!
Apr 12, 2009
WOW! This is one great salad. I am not a huge fan of spinach, but the flavor the dressing adds to the spinach is to die for. A little heat from the horseradish makes all the difference!I always make enough for left overs, to have as a quick, healthy lunch. After storing the dressing in a canning jar, I shake to mix it, and store leftovers in the fridge. When eating leftover, I just warm the jar in the microwave a few seconds, to get the sugar mixed again, and in seconds I have a wonderful lunch! Cant stress how great this salad is.