Quick Cottage Cheese Salad
I found this recipe years ago. It makes a nice side dish with dinner, but I often serve it as lunch for my husband and me. It is both tasty and nutritious and fits well into our diet.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, carrot, apple, raisins, nuts and pepper if desired. Serve on lettuce.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 248 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Cottage Cheese Salad in Reminisce Extra June 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.