Quick Cottage Cheese Salad
I found this recipe years ago. It makes a nice side dish with dinner, but I often serve it as lunch for my husband and me. It is both tasty and nutritious and fits well into our diet.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, carrot, apple, raisins, nuts and pepper if desired. Serve on lettuce.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 248 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Jan 5, 2020
Not normally a raisin fan, but had some goldens on hand; threw them in, and was surprised of their importance in this tasty flavor blend. It's a very chunky salad - believe I will double the cottage cheese next time. Thank you for recipe.