Quick Calico Salad
This is a light, colorful and tasty salad. Fortunately, it travels well because it's an expected dish at my family reunions.—Joanne Neuendorf, Potosi, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, milk and salad dressing mix. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Stir in sunflower kernels and bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 86 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Calico Salad in Country Woman July/August 2004