Quick Antipasto Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) spiral pasta
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, beans, pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and peppers.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, stir to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 281 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 22, 2017
I make this salad all the time. I love it. I sometimes use hard salami with peppercorns in it. It is delicious. I love the bell peppers because they are loaded with vitamin C and fiber. Because they are sweet peppers they have a mild taste and add body to the salad. If I have Olive Garden dressing handy I use it, although, I love the recipe for the salad dressing given here. Lemon really adds a lot to a dressing. Chopped seeded tomatoes are a good addition as is chopped Provolone and Parmesan.
May 31, 2016
With two raw peppers in this recipe, believe me all we could taste was the peppers. If you are going to put red peppers in an Antipasto salad you had better roast those peppers first. First it is more authentic and second the flavor is enhanced and made more subtle so you can taste the other ingredients.