Quick Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding peas during the last two minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in macaroni and peas. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 389 calories, 28g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Aug 10, 2016
This was delicious. I added a bit of mild red chilli to give it a little heat. Will be a keeper.
Jul 28, 2011
This overall is a great macaroni salad. I doubled it and also added the ingredients which i put in my own salad: 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. celery seed & 1 tsp. sugar. It tasted just like mine that way, but with different ingredients. Even my 10 month old daughter loved it (she especially loved the cheese chunks!). The reason why I only gave it 4 stars is because I find macaroni salad dull that only has mayo, plus I like mine a little sweeter. But overall it's a good recipie!
Dec 8, 2010
My family really loves this classic macaroni salad. Its easy to make and very quick to make too. Great for hot summer dish!
Jun 13, 2010
My family really liked this salad.I will make it again.