Fast Macaroni Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the macaroni and vegetables.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 107 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Jul 8, 2014
This is a wonderful recipe! If you love the taste of veggies and/or are looking for ways to reduce the salt that often comes with dressings, try this one. Great fresh taste.
Jun 29, 2013
I liked this recipe, but I did do a few things differently. I used a full fat mayo, just because I prefer the taste. I also added chopped ham from one I had boiled. It was delicious and turned this side into a meal for me.
May 24, 2013
I grated the carrot and used Miracle Whipsalad dressing (instead of Mayo) which has a sweetness to it. Also added a little more pepper and a wee bit of paprika.
Sep 3, 2012
I made this for the first time this weekend. Because so many of the reviews talked about the dressing not having much flavor, I added celery seed, lemon juice, a little sugar and sour cream to it. Really made it taste great! I made this the night before to enhance the flavors.
Aug 31, 2012
I use this same basic recipe. I add cubed Colby cheese, some chopped onion, leave out the cucumber & carrots. I also add some sugar & a spritz of lemon juice. Gives the dressing a little more flavor.
Jun 23, 2012
this is similar to my favorite MOM's macaroni salad, she added tuna, eggs, green pepper. added a touch of mustard to the salad dressing. yum yum
Sep 1, 2011
Make sure to add a couple of diced hard boiled eggs for flavor!
Aug 25, 2011
I liked all the veggies in this macaroni salad, however the "dressing" if you can call it that, fell short. I made it earlier this evening, and just tasted it now that it's chilled, and it has no flavor at all.
Jun 24, 2011
This NEEDS seasoning(s)!!!
Apr 2, 2009
Loved this salad. When I didn't have a cucumber, I substituted zucchini. I have also added onion and red pepper at times.