Quick Crunchy Apple Salad
Pair crunchy toppings with smooth vanilla in this apple salad with yogurt recipe. You'll love this creative combination! —Kathy Armstrong, Post Falls, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, whipped topping and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining cinnamon before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 116 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Crunchy Apple Salad in Comfort Food Diet 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.