Quick Chicken Pasta Salad
For a quick and easy side to take to a get-together or potluck, try this pasta salad. It is also a great way to use leftover chicken.—Alice Schoon, Henning, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, cooked and drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain. Cool. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, mixed vegetables, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, salt, dill and pepper. Stir into pasta mixture. Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 348 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Dec 1, 2012
This was good and pretty close to what I was hunting for. I had to adjust it to make it work with the ingredients I had on hand, but my whole family, including the pickiest 3-year old, ate it.