Quick Vegetable Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the corn, tomato, celery, cucumber, green pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; gently blend into the salad. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 58 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2017
This was very good. You can be flexible with what vegetables you use based on what you have on hand and your family's tastes. I used halved grape tomatoes instead of a whole tomato. I also added some carrot and red pepper as I did not have any cucumber. I followed the dressing recipe exactly.
Jan 2, 2017
The sauce for this salad tasted like a coleslaw sauce. I loved the different veggies that went in it, as oppose to cabbage. I used cherry tomatoes and seeded the cucumber because I didn't want too much liquid in it. Very good!
Mar 24, 2010
Very light and tasty side dish. We served with fish. The prep time takes longer than 10 min when you factor in all the chopping, but its still a quick and tasty recipe!
Mar 13, 2009
delicious, light, the dressing doesn't overpower the vegetable flavors. I'll be making this one again soon!