Vegetable Cheese Salad
Here's a satisfying salad that's garden-fresh. It stars three delicious cheeses and refreshing vegetables like crisp cucumber, bell peppers and juicy tomatoes. This unique summer salad makes a nice light lunch or super side dish. -Shary Geidner, Clear Lake, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack and/or mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Lettuce, optional
- In a bowl, combine cheeses, cucumber, tomato, onion and peppers. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon and lime juice, garlic, mustard and seasonings; mix well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill for 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 124 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Vegetable Cheese Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.