Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine beef and steak seasoning, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twenty 1/2-in.-thick patties. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, burgers, cheese, croutons, tomato, onion and pickles. Serve with salad dressing.
Freeze option: Place patties on a waxed papper-lined baking sheet; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to an airtight container; return to freezer. To use, cook frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 511 calories, 34g fat (17g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 1033mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 27, 2019
Did not form the meat into burgers; just browned the meat and added the onion. I also left out the croutons (which I don't like). Turned out pretty well!
Dec 4, 2017
I enjoyed it, but my husband didn't care for it. But, he isn't that fond of Thousand Island dressing.
Nov 8, 2016
Great taste! I used romaine lettuce, served the dressing on the side, and skipped the croutons and served it in pita bread. Will definitely make this again. Makes a great lunch! Make ahead keeping the burger separate and microwave it before adding it to the salad.
Oct 23, 2016
This was a very good salad and my husband liked it as well. Bonus: I had tossed the entire recipe in the dressing but there was only 2 of us - it makes generous single servings for 4 but we still had quite a bit left. Not wanting it to go to waste, I fridged it all in a glass container - aside from being a smidge soft and the croutons being soggy of course, it was actually very tasty for a left-over already-dressed salad!! So don't throw away leftovers!!!!!
Jun 9, 2015
Very different spin on a cheeseburger recipe. My family thought it was pretty good.
Jun 9, 2015
Really good! Even the kids liked it!