Quick Italian Broccoli Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Add tomatoes; gently toss.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 38 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Aug 10, 2013
I took this salad to a potluck at church and everyone enjoyed it.
Apr 15, 2013
Made this for a B'day party & it was very tasty & colorful. When you coated it with the salad dressing & refrigerated it for 2 hrs., I was surprised how the broccoli absorbed the dressing along with the mushrooms & onions. After adding the tomatoes, it was very colorful & presented itself well. There was a little left over & it tasted pretty good the next day, with the flavor of the dressing blended through out the salad. My husband liked it but said, "You have to like those vegetables to like the salad". I love marinated vegetables so I thought it was great! Thanks Dorothy Myrick for the great recipe.