Quick Vegetable Soup
While I enjoyed making soup from scratch, time doesn't often allow me to spend hours in the kitchen. This fast soup gets a head start from frozen vegetables and leftover meat.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 quart chicken broth or stock
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash sugar
- 1/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup leftover cubed cooked chicken or beef roast
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, tomatoes, onion, cabbage, vegetables and seasonings to a boil. Add macaroni; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add meat; heat through.