Hearty Cheese and Vegetable Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 366 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1300mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Jan 3, 2018
This soup was just what we needed on a very cold day in Florida!! I did not use water or Bouillon Cubes, instead I used 8 oz of low sodium vegy stock. Soooo good! Next time I will make with Velveeta as the Cheddar cheese was what I had but I am sure the Velveeta would be even better!
Nov 14, 2017
This was excellent! ---but has anyone made this with a white cheese instead of the velveeta? If so, what kind? TIA
Dec 27, 2015
Very good and if you like you can add cubed leftover ham to this soup.
Jul 15, 2015
An easy, go to, soup that I enjoy very much. Great flavor for the few ingredients this has.
Jan 18, 2014
We love this soup. I make it quite often for my husband and I! PLUS it's so easy to make!
Feb 14, 2012
LOVE this easy to make soup!
Nov 8, 2011
Loved this recipe! Great flavor, easy to make.
Oct 13, 2011
I thought this recipe was very flavorful and easy to make. An alteration to this recipe that I suggest is to equally substitute thyme for the parsley.
Feb 25, 2010
This sounded like it would be good but it was outstanding. I even made it with FF milk. So much flavor. I probably added more veggies than called for but that only enhanced the flavor.