Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes10 servings (3-3/4 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 182 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Oct 18, 2019
Perfect as written! We absolutely love it and it’s become a fall and winter favorite here.
Jun 11, 2017
I made this soup to be sold at a fund raising event. I was amazed at how many "thumbs up" I received especially from men. This soup is inexpensive to make by super delicious.
Apr 24, 2016
Easy to make and so delicious!
Mar 1, 2015
I really wanted to love this soup, as so many other reviewers did. It was a snowy cold day here in Colorado and I was excited to try this recipe. We made as directed, but added some sliced zucchini. Neither my husband nor I raved, and I fear we now have a very large pot of soup left over (will freeze for another day.) Perhaps if I doubled the meat as someone else mentioned, or added some sliced sausages, it would have had a little more zip. It did make a large batch and was hearty, just not our favorite.
Feb 11, 2014
Comfort food at its best! I never use the green pepper and always go on the garlic, so good!
Nov 20, 2013
My whole family enjoyed this soup. We substituted the green beans for peas because that's what we had on hand, and I doubled the meat and onions (by accident, but it was wonderful and made it more like a stew consistency!)
Oct 28, 2013
Made this according to the recipe. It was delicious. Recipe added to my box.
Oct 11, 2013
Delicious! This made a great filling dinner with homemade white bread on the side.
Feb 27, 2013
My family loves this soup! Low fat, low sodium and amazing flavor!
Feb 7, 2013
I could not get enough of this savory soup. It is going to be one of my staples from now on. A bowl of this and some french or other crusty bread and you have all you need for a good meal.