Hearty Sausage Soup
My family loves a big bowl of soup like this one brimming with sausage and veggies. We have it with hot rolls on Christmas Day. —Barbara Tilghman, Bel Air, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes14 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope or Polish sausage, sliced
- 4 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown kielbasa in batches. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Skim fat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 311 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1137mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Hearty Sausage Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.