Veggie Cheese Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes9 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked lean ham
- 8 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan coated with a cooking spray, cook onion and celery over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in the potatoes, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Return to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in condensed soup until blended.
- Reduce heat; add vegetables and ham. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 115 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 4, 2016
This is the BEST!!! Making it tonight!!!!! : )
Oct 30, 2015
Sep 19, 2015
Super easy to make. Quick. Delicious. I added salt, pepper, lemon & her seasoning and "garlic plus" by clubhouse for spices. I used turkey instead of ham. 10/10 will make again.
Apr 3, 2015
Fantastic! I altered it slightly though. I omitted the celery, used three red potatoes, used 2 T of flour instead of 1 of cornstarch (didn't have it), 5 c of veggies instead of 3, 12 oz of cheese instead of 8, and then since it was so thick I added some chicken broth. Loved it and super easy. All the other ingredients that it called for I kept the same.
Jan 22, 2015
I made this for my MIL, she loved it. I has some too, and it was very good. I did add extra veggies, extra ham and veggies. I added extra garlic too.
Jun 9, 2014
We didn't like this at all. The verges were mushy & it lacked flavor.
May 23, 2014
Finally some good Veg Soup
May 15, 2014
Amazing!!! My family, including my kids both under the age of 3, gobbled it up.
Apr 23, 2014
Oct 26, 2013
So, so good!