Easy Cheese Broccoli Soup
“My husband is diabetic, and I’m watching my weight. This soup fits our diets perfectly,” writes Carol Colvin from Derby, New York. Friends and family will never guess it only takes just 15 minutes to make!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk, onion, parsley, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in broccoli and potatoes; heat through. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 135 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Dec 2, 2010
My family loves this soup and since it is so quick and easy, I dont mind making it whenever it is requested.
Mar 1, 2010
This soup was good although I've had better. I would make it again because it's so simple and quick to make.