Broccoli Cheese Soup for 2
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the broccoli, tarragon, thyme and pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Add milk; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup until smooth. Return to pan and heat through (do not boil). Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese until melted. Sprinkle servings with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 232 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2009
Very good! It was a bit thick so Im going to try adding more chicken broth (1 1/2 cups maybe) but I would defiantly recommended this recipe! I paired it with a BLT for a nice, light winter dinner.
Feb 9, 2009
This is a delicious soup and VERY easy preparation. I doubled the recipe and had a bowl for lunch for 4 days!