Broccoli Cheese Soup for 2
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the broccoli, tarragon, thyme and pepper; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Add milk; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup until smooth. Return to pan and heat through (do not boil). Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese until melted. Sprinkle servings with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 232 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Mar 3, 2009
Very good! It was a bit thick so Im going to try adding more chicken broth (1 1/2 cups maybe) but I would defiantly recommended this recipe! I paired it with a BLT for a nice, light winter dinner.
Feb 9, 2009
This is a delicious soup and VERY easy preparation. I doubled the recipe and had a bowl for lunch for 4 days!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.