Easy Taco Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 medium head lettuce, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup bottled Catalina dressing
- 4 to 5 cups corn chips, crushed
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain well. Stir in taco seasoning. Combine beef, lettuce, tomatoes, dressing, corn chips and cheese in a large serving bowl; toss well to mix. Serve immediately.
May 28, 2013
I used the Nacho Cheese Doritos, but I think the Fritos probably would have worked better. I think the Catalina dressing was a little too sweet though.
Jul 21, 2011
I love this receipe but I use Ranch Doritos and ranch dressing instead of the Catalina dressing... Delicious!
Nov 21, 2008
I like to use Zesty Cheese Doritos instead of plain corn chips. It really adds a great flavour!
Jul 6, 2008
Not big on tomatoes, so used cucumbers and green onion in place of, came out great. I think it is one of those recipes that you can fix to your liking!Very good!
Jun 29, 2008
I made this salad tonight. It was so warm I really didn't feel like cooking at all.But, This salad was so fast to mix up. And the flavors and beauty was well worth the turning on the hot stove for.This salad is so good.But you are so right, you really need to double the recipe. Even if you need to add the cheese, lettuce and chips later.Thank you!!Beverly from Charlevoix, Michigan