Tasty Taco Chopped Salad
My friends and I love Mexican food, but we also try to eat healthy. My mom taught me how to make this tasty taco salad for my friends. —Matthew Smith, Knippa, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, water and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place remaining ingredients in separate bowls; combine with beef mixture as desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 471 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1193mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Tasty Taco Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2018