Corny Mexican Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomato, avocado and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and hot pepper sauce; pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips if desired.
May 3, 2014
Very good - only change I made was to use thawed frozen corn and diced peppers as I didn't have mexicorn on hand. Kids liked it too!
Apr 27, 2014
Awesome! Made a 1/2 batch using a full avocado, full can of corn (not mexican corn) and small can of diced chilis. Also sprinkled on dried cilantro. Served it with the Mexican Grilled Chicken recipe on TOH.
May 26, 2011
Loved it and so did everyone else. Simple, quick and very refreshing.
Jan 25, 2010
Very good, I love onions, so I doubled the onions, added garlic (after all we are Spanish and Italian!) and jalenpos. Yum Yum Yum Thanks for recipe!