Easy Ground Beef Taco Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broken nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup Catalina salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss lettuce with cheese. Top with beef mixture and chips; drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 416 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Jan 4, 2019
I have made this as written several times for my family and they love it! Today my two year old tried it and ate the whole serving in his bowl. What a great dinner- easy and quick!
Jan 25, 2018
When I make my Taco Salad, I add tomatoes, olives, green chiles, and other taco "toppings". But I wanted to make it as written and it's amazing! Funny how sometimes recipes with just a few simple ingredients can be the best!! Didn't miss any of those extras! Perfect as is!!
Feb 8, 2017
Good. I used ground turkey instead and it was fine!!
May 7, 2015
Hubby didn't eat it enthusiastically & I couldn't find a healthful version of Doritos, so did without.
May 1, 2015
I made this for dinner and substituted Morning Star Crumbles for the ground beef.I added small white beans and mandarin oranges. Thanks, Lori for the quick and easy recipe.
Apr 20, 2015
Wow--this recipe is so easy and versatile. We added sliced olives, chopped green onion, fresh diced green peppers and fresh diced tomatoes. You can add whatever you have available. I liked the suggestion of adding black beans. When I was growing up we often used Catalina dressing, and I forgot how much I loved it! Thanks, Lori, for good memories and easy prep.
Apr 18, 2015
This was quick to make and very good.
Apr 14, 2015
I add diced tomatoes, diced bell pepper and a drained can of kidney or black beans when I am fixing this for "fancy". If you like it a little spicier, hold back some of the taco seasonings and mix them into the dressing...I use Thousand Island if I'm out of the other two. Also, try Cool Ranch Taco Chips!
Apr 14, 2015
I used ground turkey and also added one can of diced tomatoes with green chilis. Easy and delicious!
Apr 14, 2015
This is the way I have been making taco salad for years and we love it. I have used both Catalina dressing and French dressing. I think we prefer the French but it depends which I have on hand. I also always add chopped onions since we love onions. Have also added tomatoes.