Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Combine the first 9 ingredients. Add lime juice; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 10 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: free food.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 28, 2018
Fantastic recipe! Also works with cucumbers! Easy to customize too! Use what you have on hand. Like more cilantro? Add it in! My recipe uses green, red and white onions - experiment and see what your family likes best. Great way to eat extra vegetables without sacrificing flavor.