Zucchini Salsa Verde
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 2 poblano peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tomatillos, husks removed and quartered
- 3 jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until slightly charred and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly. Finely chop and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the lime juice, hot sauce, lime zest, salt and honey, if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 44 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Aug 23, 2012
This was an interesting and different salsa (in a good way)! I loved roasting the veggies on the grill and it had a nice, fresh taste to it. I only gave it four stars because it needs a little bit of something else (seasoning wise) to work for my family's tastes. Plus, it's another great way to use some zucchini!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.