Avocado Shrimp Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 52 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Mar 30, 2017
I love this combo of flavors! I've actually been eating it as a low-carb salad for lunch.
Mar 29, 2016
flavorful and crunchy
Apr 27, 2015
Excellent! I made this for a baby shower and served with tortilla chips, although I noticed many serving up as a salad to eat alone.
Jan 15, 2015
Awesome recipe. I tossed it over a bed of lettuce!
May 3, 2014
Jul 28, 2013
Healthy and Delightful!
Oct 2, 2012
This recipe is so good. I served this w/tortilla chips & everyone loved it!
Jul 20, 2012
Amazing! So fresh. I add a chopped fresh mango, it adds a new level of taste to the recipe.
Jun 17, 2012
This is amazingly good, and even better on a really hot day. The only thing I did different was to add the whole peeled and chopped cucumber and add 2 jalapenos and the juice of 2 limes.
Jan 21, 2012
A friend made this recently & I made it for my husband tonight. It's a great combinations of ingredients & very tasty. It was very easy to make 1/2 the recipe for the 2 of us.