Salsa Tuna Salad
I perk up this fresh-tasting tuna salad with flavorful salsa. Bright corn and green pepper add pretty color to the mixture. Served on a bed of lettuce, it makes a great light lunch. —Jennifer Harris, Skellytown, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, salsa and pepper. Stir in the tuna, corn and green pepper. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 122 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable.
Originally published as Salsa Tuna Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1998
Aug 7, 2008
To make it creamier, I substituded 1/4 c low-fat mayo for 1/4 c of the yogurt. Very tasty. I put it on a whole-grain bread with lettuce and tomato to make a gereat sandwich.