Pineapple Cucumber Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup finely chopped seedless cucumber
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 18 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Jul 9, 2019
This is delicious and extremely versatile! I think it would be an excellent salad (cut pieces larger and double recipe) as well.
Aug 5, 2013
I have made this recipe many times and always get rave reviews. It is so refreshing! I sometimes add mango too
May 26, 2010
This was awesome. I have decided that this would go well with grilled tuna or any white fish. I will make this again! Will be very refreshing on a hot summer day!