California Shrimp Tacos with Corn Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 16 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another small bowl, combine guacamole and salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with chili powder and Cajun seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute shrimp until pink, about 5 minutes.
- Place two shrimp in each taco shell. Top with 1/3 cup corn salsa; drizzle with 1 tablespoon guacamole mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 342 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 1007mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 27, 2017
Absolutely wonderful! We will make these again!
Jan 21, 2014
Really, really good! Easy and very flavorful.
Aug 14, 2013
Not a keeper, but ok.
Jun 19, 2013
Really liked the corn salsa and guac. Didn't like the chili powder/cajun seasoning on the shrimp, but it could have been the brand of chili powder I used. Tried again using Old El Paso taco seasoning from a package and cooked the shrimp in 1 tbsp. canola oil. We really loved the tacos this way and will definitely make again! This recipe is so easy and the salsa and guac can be made ahead of time.
Feb 9, 2013
This was awesome!!! Pleasantly surprised. I didn't use cilantro nor the chili powder as kids don't like spicy and hubby hates cilantro. It was delicious!!
Feb 8, 2013
Loved it. I used this recipe for just veggie tacos when I ran out of shrimp.
Jan 18, 2013
Would not change a thing. This recipe is delicious. Taste just like the shrimp tacos I order out for at half the price!
Sep 27, 2012
Great recipe, quick and easy
Sep 18, 2012
I have made this recipe several times. It is a favorite in my household now. So simple and very high on flavor.
Jul 30, 2012
I made this tonight but used more shrimp and soft shells. My hubby and I both loved it and he even went back for seconds!