Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes2-1/2 cups salsa (80 chips)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- CINNAMON CHIPS:
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- For chips, brush tortillas with butter; cut each into eight wedges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or just until crisp. Serve with fruit salsa.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons salsa with 4 chips: 134 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 28, 2018
Different from the fruit salsa I've made in the past. Love that the recipe uses crushed pineapple. I omit kiwi fruit and substitute blueberries instead.
Dec 8, 2016
Really delicious! When I asked the family to give me their suggestions for our time together at Christmas, this was requested by both grandsons and adults. I've been making it for a few years and it has become a favorite. Though it takes a bit of time due to chopping the fruit, it is well worth it. I plan to double it this year!
Sep 27, 2016
Aug 21, 2016
I've made this multiple times and it's always a hit. I have to double the fruit if my grandpa is around because he sits and eats it with a spoon!
Apr 24, 2016
Easy to change around the fruit. This is always a hit
May 25, 2015
A big hit even with small children. I had to change the fruit because of strawberry and orange allergies in my family. I used blueberries, kiwi, pears, apples, blackberries, and raspberries. Cut up in teeny tiny pieces. I would bake the tortillas slices a little longer because mine came out a little on the chewy side. I would prefer crispy. But overall, it was delicious and fun! I will make it again.
Apr 6, 2015
Made this exactly as the recipe called for and the combination of fruits was really nice together. Simple to make and a nice refreshing salsa. The cinnamon chips worked great with this but would work with a lot of other sweet spreads as well.
Sep 6, 2014
I've made this quite a few times and always share the recipe. It's always a hit. I change the amount of the fruits based on availability. AND I often use corn tortillas for those with flour issues. It is a snack all the kids and grandkids enjoy.
Aug 23, 2014
Definitely a favourite snack. Can't leave it alone.
May 17, 2014
I will try this love fruit & cinnamon chips.