Fast Fruit Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, red onion and cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 31 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Dec 13, 2016
Super easy and delicious! I typically put the finished salsa in a sieve that can sit over the sink for a bit since the combination of the pineapple and chopped mandarin oranges makes everything a bit runny (especially if you're using this as a dip with chips, as opposed to a relish on something like chicken). I like to make a double recipe and have it in the fridge for snacking for a few days.
Mar 13, 2011
used a large can of oranges and pineapple, 1/2 large red onion...it was yummy...i had a ripe mango on hand, so i chopped it up and added it to the mix. DELICIOUS!
Sep 16, 2010
This was delicious! I served it over grilled chilcken rather than with chips, which made a quick, healthy dinner. Even my picky boys gobbled it up and asked for seconds!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.