Super Fast Mexican Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Skim fat before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 254 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 998mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 27, 2018
This recipe looks incredibly good. The carbs aren't bad at all. And (1) you could use turkey; (2) you could leave the meat out and substitute beans and rice (the protein would not be as much, but if we use beans and rice, it's a complete protein along with a little corn. Can't wait to try this. Thanks!
May 16, 2015
Easy and fast--definitely! I added a can of refried beans to thicken it up a little. This is a great recipe for whipping up quickly to take to home-bound individuals, potlucks, etc. Everyone who tasted it loved it!
May 7, 2015
Easy and nothing but raves.