Super Fast Mexican Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Skim fat before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 254 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 998mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 12, 2019
I used leftover turkey/chicken and it was even faster!
Feb 27, 2018
This recipe looks incredibly good. The carbs aren't bad at all. And (1) you could use turkey; (2) you could leave the meat out and substitute beans and rice (the protein would not be as much, but if we use beans and rice, it's a complete protein along with a little corn. Can't wait to try this. Thanks!
May 16, 2015
Easy and fast--definitely! I added a can of refried beans to thicken it up a little. This is a great recipe for whipping up quickly to take to home-bound individuals, potlucks, etc. Everyone who tasted it loved it!
May 7, 2015
Easy and nothing but raves.