Quick Black Bean Salsa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 4, 2013
I have made this several times now and each time it is gone in a flash. My 4yr old even loves it! Super easy to make. I don't add the roasted red peppers, cumin or the orange peel. And I use a container of grape tomatoes instead. No real reason, that's just the way that I make it. Delicious!!
Mar 6, 2013
Leave out the orange peel, add chili powder and a squeeze of lime juice. AWESOME!
Nov 10, 2012
OMG this is so good! I forget to pick up green onions, so I used a large red onion instead and it was still delicious! I would not add any more heat that what the recipe calls for however, the green chiles in the tomatoes are plenty.
Nov 1, 2010
I took this salsa to our Bible Study and they loved it. I added a little green hot sauce so some thought it was too spicy but my husband loved it.
Sep 6, 2008
This salsa was delicious! This recipe is a keeper!