Fresh Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makes4-1/2 cups salsa (64 chips)
- 1 medium pear, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small peach, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 small fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- CINNAMON CHIPS:
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; mix lightly. Refrigerate until serving.
- Lightly spritz both sides of tortillas with cooking spray; cut each into eight wedges. In a large bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Add tortillas; toss to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup salsa with 4 chips: 124 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 25, 2019
Brought in for a work carry-in. Was an extreme hit. The comments made was fresh taste, I can’t stop eating it. Take it away, it’s addictive. The lime mint and basal really took fruit to a new level.