Apple Pear Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups finely chopped tart apples (about 2 large)
- 1 medium ripe pear, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup quartered seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Spritz both sides of tortillas with cooking spray; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Spread in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes, rotating pans as needed.
- Place salsa ingredients in a large bowl; toss to combine. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 154 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Sep 24, 2017
I didn't make the chips because of my low carb diet. The apple pear salsa was great. Next time I will add another pear to balance the flavors a tad more. I also added a bit of lemon juice.
Jan 16, 2013
Didn't like this as much as I thought I would. The flavor was not that great and the chips were rather bland. Might try again but make some changes (add more grapes, add more juice/orange peel, add more pears, a little less apple, and add a little lemon juice to help preserve the color of the apples and pears; and add more sugar/cinnamon to the chips)
Feb 5, 2012
I make this every year for my Super Bowl "feast". Everyone loves it! (Although, I don't put in the celery.)
Oct 15, 2011
Too much orange flavor in this one. It was OK.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.