Fruit Salad Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
Salsa with strawberries, blueberries and nectarines makes a refreshing side dish. We scoop it up using tortilla chips sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. —Adan Franco, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes6 cups salsa (80 chips)
- 2 medium apples, finely chopped
- 2 medium nectarines or peaches, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chips, several at a time, 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer chips to a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar mixture and gently toss to coat. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup salsa with 3 chips: 122 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips in Taste of Home April/May 2016