Chipotle Berry Fruit Salsa
Not too hot, but with a bit of a kick, this salsa is a perfect toppling for frilled fish or chicken. It’s also a great chip dip, double the recipe and you’ll just watch it disappear! The spice is really quite mild, but cut down on (or increase!) the chipotle peppers to your taste
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, halved
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cinnamon sugar pita chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita chips.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 26 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chipotle Berry Fruit Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2019